Social media growth hacks when implemented can grow your audiences on autopilot.
But before we get into that, the question remains…
Why social media?
Social media is a fundamental part of a successful online marketing campaign. Social media produces almost twice the marketing results than telemarketing, direct mail or search engine marketing.
Brands or Businesses experience a lack of marketing results from social media for two main reasons:
A) They don’t know how to use social media effectively to drive website traffic and get leads
B) There is not enough time to effectively manage the social media properties
As of 2017’s fourth quarter, Facebook had a whopping 1.94 billion monthly active users. As a business owner, you need to be taking full advantage of this wildly popular social network.
Instagram is growing 5x faster than any other social network in the U.S. With well over 800 million monthly active users it currently ranks second only to it’s big brother, Facebook.
Instagram’s engagement with brands is 10 times higher than Facebook, 54 times higher than Pinterest and 84 times higher than Twitter.
As one of the most popular social networks, Twitter has become a great place for businesses to connect with current and prospective customers. Averaging just over 330 million monthly active users, Twitter is no slouch. With 74% of users more likely to buy from a brand they follow on Twitter, there’s no better time to get started!
Encouraging more purchases than any other social platform, Pinterest is essentially an online bulletin board where users curate or “pin” eye-catching images of food, clothes, and so much more. Pins drive more revenue to ecommerce stores than any other social share. As of 2017’s third quarter, Pinterest has eclipsed 200 million monthly active users. Is your business on Pinterest yet?
Now that we have gone over a few facts about the four major social media networks…
Two words: SOCIAL PROOF!
Social proof is like being in the cool club. Everyone wants to get into the cool club.
People see a social media account with a few hundred likes and followers and they don’t think anything of it. But if they see a social media account with several thousand likes and followers or more then they automatically think to themselves, “I should like and follow this too since all these other people like it.” It’s a classic case of FOMO (fear of missing out).
So a couple hundred likes and followers isn’t cool. You know what’s cool? 10,000+ likes and followers. 🙂
Let’s look at some staggering statistics regarding the four major social media networks.
- Over 50 million businesses use Facebook Business Pages.
- 2 million business use to Facebook for advertising.
- 100 million hours of video content are watched on Facebook daily.
- Businesses are turning to social media sites to find customers. In 2013, 53% of businesses have found customers via Facebook.
- Facebook has generated leads for 73% of B2C marketers and 35.1% of B2B marketers.
- 80% of U.S. social network users indicated Facebook was their preferred network for connecting with brands.
- 33% of Internet users use Instagram
- The average user spends 25 minutes per day on Instagram.
- More than 60% of users log in daily to Instagram
- 53% of Instagram users follow their favorite brands.
- 51% of Instagram users access the platform daily, and 35% say they look at the platform several times per day.
- Instagram works so well because people remember 80% of what they see, 20% of what they read, and only 10% of what they here.
- Twitter sends 1 billion unique visits monthly to sites with embedded tweets. Link clicks account for 92% of all user interaction with tweets, so it makes sense to use Twitter to drive traffic to a site.
- 67% of Twitter users are more likely to buy from a brand they follow.
- Almost 50% of monthly Twitter users follow brands or companies, compared to only 16% of social network users overall which means Twitter users are 3x more likely to follow brands than Facebook users.
- B2B and B2C businesses who have Twitter accounts generate 2x as many leads as businesses without accounts.
- 77% of Twitter users feel more positive about a brand after receiving a response.
- 82% of customers who have a good customer experience on Twitter are likely to recommend the brand based on their interaction.
- 93% of Pinterest users use the platform to plan or make purchases.
- Pinterest drives 25% of all retail website referral traffic.
- Pinterest retains and engages users 2-3 times better than Twitter.
- Pinterest users are 10% more likely to buy than visitors from other social sites.
- 89% of daily Pinterest users have bought something they found on Pinterest.
- 33% of all PInterest users follow brands or businesses.
So can you see now just how important social media is to your business?
Now in order to be successful on these social networks you must be active by providing relative content and engaging with your audience.
Most businesses don’t have the time or resources to do it effectively.
So why not leave it to the pros?
And that’s where my company can help your company or brand…
At Reach Fanatics, our mission is quite simple: help businesses grow through effective social media marketing.
We live and breathe digital marketing, and in an industry that is constantly shifting and changing shape, it’s our business to keep up with it. At Reach Fanatics, we operate by learning, educating, innovating, creating, and above all, delivering results. If we can do it for our own business, we can do it for yours too.